Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sketch Saturday Challenge

Hi everyone~
We are finally getting our 'Indian Summer', it's been just gorgeous here the last few days. It's nice to have a little Fall weather instead of the Winter we had been having.
Anyway- yesterday my mom and I took a little road trip to Wausau (about an hour away) and took in the Stamp and Scrap Expo that was held over there. We had such a good time and found lots of treasures. One really fun thing was I got to see Heidi from The Stamp Shoppe debut her brand spankin' new line of stamps she has created! I am very excited for her and her new venture. Heidi and her mom have a very nice stamp shop in the Wausau area. I love to go visit them, sometimes take in a class or two and give them my money. LOL You can find The Stamp Shoppe on my sidebar, go visit Heidi and check out her new stamps in her store.
So being that the last one didn't go too bad I decided to try another challenge. Today I played with one of my new stamps I bought from The Stamp Shoppe. Isn't he just adorable!? Heidi has a lot of penquins in her line and each one is as cute as he other. I stamped him with my Momento pad and colored him in with my copics. I cut the ovals with my Nesties and punched the scallops with the scalloped border punch from SU. The small snowflake was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the big one with a Marvy Uchida punch. I faux stiched around the dp by using Scor Pal tool to make the "stitch holes" and my marker for "the thread".
Another cool thing Heidi was demonsrating was the Snow Marker. I used it on the tassel of the hat and also the snowballs. Sprinkling a little glitter before heating adds a little sparkle.
I don't think my sparkles showed up very well on my snow marker, igloo and snowflakes but it is there.
This is a close up of the image. He is so sweet.

And a close up of my embellishments.
Stamp: Stamp Shoppe Creations
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Soft Sky (sponging around edge) and Copics- W3, W6, W8, YR65, Y35, R14, BG72, BG75, B000, B95, B93, E43, E57
Paper: SU Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Kraft
Designer Paper: unknown
Tools: SU scalloped border punch, MS snowflake punch, Marvy Uchida snowflake punch (blue), Nestabilities Ovals, Scor Pal and Scor Bug
Ribbon: SU Kraft Tafetta
Snow Marker: Marvy Uchida
Glitter: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Brads and Spacers: Stash
Well I hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by and come again.
Lisa




4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lisa, cant believe you are such a new blogger, you gonna just love it. By the way how did you put the link for your card on the sketch Saturday blog cos i am clueless and tried everything and cant do it?
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card the penguin is just adorable x i love the colours you have used too x karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a smashing card and the penguin is adorabley cute hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete