Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge- Milk & Cookie Break For Santa

Hi Everyone~

It's another lovely day here in central Wisconsin. The sun is shining and after the yucky October we had this November weather has been a very welcomed change. We all know it's not going to be long before the snow and cold are here to stay for a while......Brrrrr!
This is a card I made for the Mojo Monday Challenge. I just think this Santa is so darn cute. There are a few Santas in the new Whiff of Joy Winter Collection and one is as cute as the other. I colored him with my copics and highlighted with my white gel pen. And had to add some sparkle with my stickles. I wish the stickles would show up on the picture better, but it really adds to the image.

The designer paper is from Adornit and the cardstock is from Stampin' Up and Paper Cut. I didn't have any printed paper that I felt matched the dp I was using, so I stamped the Baja Breeze with a snowflake stamp and heat embossed with white embossing powder to make some. I tried it without the snowflakes and it just looked too blah.



This is a closer look at the colored image....



and a closer look at the tag. I used my SU punches to make the tag. For the sentiment I used a stamp from Studio G and embossed it in white to echo the snowflakes.
This is a side view of the card to show how I popped the image and the tag up a little to give it some dimension. I just love how this card turned out and I am just happy to have another Christmas card done!!! I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming, I haven't even really started my shopping yet. Yikes! Oh well- I think you get better deals closer to Christmas anyway!!!!
Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Great Impressions and Studio G
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black and SU Whisper White
Copics: E000, 01, 31, 33 and 37, R20, 27 and 46, B000 and 41, BG 11 and 72, G28 and 82, C00, 1, 3, 6 and 8, W00, 1, 3 and 6, Y28, YG11
White Gel Pen and Gold Spica Pen
Embossing Powder: SU
Cardstock: SU Real Red, Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze and Noir from Paper Cut
Designer Paper: Adornit
Stickles: Star Dust and Xmas Red
Tools: Punches from SU
Ribbon: Stash
Thanks to you all that stop by and take time to look at my cards. I also would like to thank everyone for your kind comments. Please stop by again. I hope everyone will have a wonderful day!!
Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Another PERFECT card!!! Such awesome coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful card.....and again just the cutest....hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete